Features & Highlights
Fire-retardant wood frame, wrapped with high-quality copper, offers walls that are self-supporting and lightweight ceiling panels (2.4 lb/ft2) which reduce the load on parent ceiling structures.
Modular panels are mechanically bolted into place and are easily disassembled for magnet delivery into the RF shield and close up.
Copper shielding material is the best shielding material to resist galvanic corrosion, providing longevity exceeding the life of the MRI equipment.
Lightweight, modular bolted-panel design allows for fast installation and lends itself to support the constructibility of most architectural room designs.
RF attenuation exceeds the requirements of all MRI vendors.
Interface to the RF shield with all other trades is simple and straightforward.
The most installed RF shield system in the world; Can be easily modified on site. Free of any ferrous materials.
Lightweight panel design enables easy/fast transport/installation of the system
Fast onsite installation of panels
Panel system is easily disassembled and reassembled of walls & ceiling
Meets or exceeds all MRI vendor specifications
Standard 5 year warranty
- Radio Frequency (RF) shielding for Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) machines
- RF shielding for data/voice security, labs, and test rooms
- RF Shield Panels: Modular, wood frame panels consisting of 1 ¾” framing members wrapped with copper.
- Panel Joining System: Through-bolt system at 8” o. c. between walls-wall, ceiling-ceiling and wall-ceiling.
- Walls: Modular RF shield panels with the following:
- Penetration Panel: Standard RF panels which are modified to accept the MRI vendor’s supplied penetration panel(s). This includes a test plate and grounding bus bar.
- Magnet Delivery Access Panel: A removable section designed to align with parent building opening size for the purpose of delivery or removal of the MRI magnet.
- Floor: Modular RF panels laminated to a wood core and connected with each other via a ‘hat & flat’ metal clamp hardware.
- Alternative RF floor consists of soldered copper sheeting with 1-2 layers of cement board as a protective ‘overlayment’.
- Underlayment consistent of vapor retardant polyethylene sheeting
- Magnet anchors/base plates installed as per the MRI OEM’s requirements
- Trenches, if required are lined with sheets of copper, soldered together with a protective ‘overlayment’ as required.
- Ceiling: Modular RF shield panels with the following:
- Ceiling supports utilize vertical hangers with dielectrics, which are fastened to the overhead structures such as bar joists, concrete slabs, trusses or beams and are then attached to the RF ceiling.
- Attachment points are provided at the underside of the RF ceiling to facilitate attachment and support of interior MRI room finishes, cabling, HVAC ductwork, etc…
- Magnetic Shielding: M36 Silicone Steel
- Patient-view windows
- Penetration shielding
- EMI rated power line and signal electrical filters
- Magnetic shield calculations and modeling
- Site design
- Backlit panels
- Pneumatic door package
- Acoustic dampening door package
- Interior finish
- Preventive maintenance program